Patient-Driven Information Consent Management
Consent2Share is a client consent management and data segmentation application. It allows behavioral health treatment patients to determine, through an online consent process, which sensitive health information they wish to share or not share with their primary and specialty providers. Patients control how their data is shared by selecting sensitive categories to segment in the Consolidated-Clinical Document Architecture (C-CDA) Release 2 Continuity of Care Document (CCD). Consent2Share integrates with existing electronic health record and health information exchange systems. It complies with Federal confidentiality laws such as 42 CFR part 2 and HIPAA.
Empowering patients through technology
MODULES & KEY FEATURES
PATIENT-CENTERED CONSENT MANAGEMENT
- Enables patients 24-hour access to their health records
- Allows patients to share health records with providers
- Empowers patients to choose records they wish to share
- Allows patients to choose providers with whom to share
- Enables patients to make electronic consents
- Enables patients to revoke prior electronic consents
- Puts patients in charge of their own health information
- Web-based user interface for patients, providers, and admins
- Online consent management and data segmentation
- Complies with Federal and State confidentiality and privacy laws
- Gives patients meaningful choices to share protected health data
- Integrates with existing Electronic Health Record and Health Information Exchange systems
- Enables patient control of their health information exchange
- Open source software application
- OAuth2 and OpenID Connect for authentication and authorization
- Modular architecture design
- Interoperability standards compliant
- HIPAA and 42 CFR part 2 compliant
- Value set management built in
- Patient-driven data redaction and segmentation
- Highly scalable and customizable
consent2share use case
- Before Consent2Share. Sally Share lives in Maryland. She receives daily methadone maintenance from her opioid treatment program (OTP) in Baltimore. She wants to visit her family in San Francisco for 2 weeks. To do so, she must go to her local OTP to coordinate with a San Francisco OTP, sign and fax paper authorization forms, and fax or mail her methadone-related health records to begin the process.
- With Consent2Share. Sally uses the online consent system to give her local OTP advanced authorization to share her methadone-related health information with a San Francisco OTP (and vice-versa if she chooses). Her methadone treatment will continue uninterrupted while in San Francisco.
PATIENT-CENTERED HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
Health Care Environment
Need for Consent2Share
FEI Systems developed Consent2Share under a contract with the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). FEI Systems currently provides technical support to states from the initial planning through the implementation and on-going hosting phases of the product. For more information about Consent2Share, please visit https://bhits.github.io/consent2share/.
Let’s Work Together
Interested in learning more about our solutions? Use the contact form and we’ll get back to you!