Health IT applications developed by FEi cover a broad range of functions. Our collaborative development process allows us to design and implement a wide variety of applications, including healthcare quality initiatives, grantee services, provider coordination, and federal reporting and compliance. FEi keeps current on HIT standards and policy activities, and supports leading technology platforms and tools.
Examples of our application development expertise include:
Behavioral Health Electronic Health Record Systems
FEi is a leader in the design and development of Electronic Behavioral Health Records (EBHR) solutions. Our software development work with 30 states and large counties has resulted in a robust open-source system called Web Infrastructure for Treatment Services (WITS), that can be used to manage a multitude of substance abuse and mental health services.
Biomedical Research and Health Sciences
FEi has demonstrated delivery capability for multiple organizations within the National Institutes of Health (NIH), including the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), and the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI).
Expertise in this area includes:
- Health sciences informatics and computational services
- Health communication support services and enhancements to facilitate integration and data exchange at the federal, state, and local level
- Integration of health systems across federal agencies, and public and private healthcare systems
- Modernization and enhancement of existing health IT legacy systems
- Automation of administrative and clinical processes
- Biomedical modeling, visualization, and simulation
- Healthcare payment processes, and fraud and abuse identification within medical claims
- Security of healthcare and biomedical research systems
- IT service management