Business Analyst II
Job Summary: The Business Analyst is responsible for creating, establishing and managing plans and technical documentation for the development and deployment of new features or enhancements. This includes ensuring initiatives are completed on time and within budget, while communicating details of the project's status with the team. Implementation Managers meet with Account Managers and customers to understand their needs and concerns during the technology-development process. They answer questions and relay requests and feedback to the individuals designing the technology. Once the development is complete, the Business Analyst assists with Quality Control testing and helps the customer understand how to use the new product or service.
- Coordinate activities related to implementing a new set of features across one or more customers.
- Thoroughly understand requirements and expectations.
- Review business requirements and analyze applicability to customer base
- Prepare and/or review technical requirements documents.
- Work with Technical Leads and responsible Account Manager to develop estimates for Scope of Work and man hours needed.
- Work with Release Manager to get items scheduled in a release.
- Understand total scope of each release and use that knowledge to: Identify and, whenever possible, prevent conflicts and redundancy.; Bring work items that could be shared across customers to the attention of the Product Manager.
- Work with Release Manager to get resources assigned to work items.
- Work directly with assigned resources to: Convey requirements; Convey constraints (time, etc.); Keep them on schedule
- Work with Quality Control to understand how to test for successful completion.
- Prepare and review release notes
- Any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Familiarity with the clinical and business processes within Behavioral Health settings as well as in-depth understanding of general healthcare treatment.
- Ability to successfully accomplish projects and tasks without clear lines of authority.
- Ability to successfully work independently.
- Superior communication skills particularly in what can be highly challenging situations.
- Strong account planning skills.
- Ability to create and build relationships. Demonstrated track record of success and established relationships.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to coordinate resources and relationships outside of direct line of responsibility.
- Proven and effective leadership across complex, matrix organizational structures.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Polished presentation skills.
- A strong operator, capable of driving delivery excellence and operational efficiency.
- A meticulous attention to detail, especially around financial planning and metrics.
- Solid Program Management expertise with a proven history of delivering complex programs of work.
- Understanding of Evidence-based Practices applied to Behavioral Health treatment
- Understanding of clinical management tools within a Behavioral Health inpatient environment
- Experience playing multiple roles within a software development team
- Understanding of government-funded (Federal, State, local) Behavioral Health programs
- Knowledge of process improvement, workflow, benchmarking and evaluation processes.
- Demonstrated ability to balance goals of the organization with goals of the customer.
- Ability to understand and represent the needs of the end user in a software development environment.
FEi is a leading IT company specializing in Federal and Local Government data system solutions. For the past decade we have maintained a leading position in providing programming and consulting services in our primary areas of expertise- Behavioral Health Data Systems, and Clinical Trials Software Solutions for institutional systems of care. At FEi Systems, we recognize that our employees are an important part of our success. We promote a team environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve professional and personal success. Currently FEi is looking for highly skilled, self-motivated and creative individuals to join our talented team of experts. FEi is an equal opportunity employer that believes in growing and promoting a diverse work force. Our employee compensation and benefits package is competitive within the industry and is designed to help employees meet varying needs throughout their careers and lives. If you're looking for a rewarding work environment that will challenge your mind and expand your horizons, then joining the FEi team may be right for you. Please send your résumé to TalentAcquisition@FEiSystems.com.