BJA Comprehensive Opioid Abuse Site-based ProgramNitesh Chawathe
As part of the Comprehensive Addiction and Recovery Act (CARA) legislation, the DOJ, OJP, and the BJA has released a new grant application to implement comprehensive strategies to address the growing Opioid Epidemic.
FEi Systems has identified several key areas where WITS can support the data collection, reporting and secure data-sharing required in the BJA Comprehensive Opioid Abuse Site-based Program grant application to address the growing Opioid Epidemic.
Click here to view the funding opportunity.
Applications Due: April 25, 2017
Specific ways WITS can support the BJA Grant
Here are some examples of where WITS can help support Justice and Behavioral Health agencies in this particular grant response:
Category 1: Overdose Outreach
- Support to on-call Recovery Coaches for bed management for OD survivors
- Tracking naloxone distribution and use
- Case management from the time the person survives OD through 90 days of treatment and aftercare
Category 3: System-level Diversion and Alternatives to Incarceration Projects
- Participate in the planning phase to help guide and keep technology relevant to the project
- Work with Justice Agencies for integrated caseload and client dashboards, built-in standard assessment tools
Category 4: Statewide Planning, Coordination, and Implementation Projects
- Assist in the planning, data collection strategies, and data sharing
Category 5: PDMP Implementation and Enhancement Strategies
- Facilitate electronic information sharing
Category 6: Data-driven Responses to Prescription Drug Misuse
- Integration of behavioral health systems with PDMPs
- Utilizing data from one or more sources to analyze opioid misuse and deaths
- Regional (multiple state) sharing of client data for PDMPs and registries
- Overdose predictive models
- Recovery Coach support – bed availability
To contact us regarding your Comprehensive Opioid Abuse Site-based Program, please contact Jennifer Conrad at Jennifer.Conrad@feisystems.com.